Legal & Privacy
Legal Use of This Website
Last updated May 25, 2018
By reading or using this website, you indicate your acceptance and agreement with the following terms and information. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website.
(1) GENERAL DISCLAIMER - Love, Chocolate Girl LLC the parent company doing business as Tam Finley Design Studio ("Tam Finley Design Studio" and "Us") provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. Information contained in these pages is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, advice. All information provided through this website, on our blog or through Tam Finley Design Studio's email subscription are provided "as-is, where-is" and without any warranties of any kind, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a contractual relationship with Tam Finley Design Studio. However, you may subscribe to certain services through this website, in which case you agree to Tam Finley Design Studio Terms and Conditions or Design Services Agreement.
(2) THIRD PARTY INFO DISCLAIMER - Certain links on this site lead to websites controlled by other parties over whom Love, Chocolate Girl LLC has no control. Therefore, Love, Chocolate Girl LLC makes no representation or warranty concerning the content or accuracy of third party information and expressly disclaims any liability therefore.
(3) COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK - This site and all the information it contains, including, but not limited to, articles, blog posts, designs, drawings, illustrations, photographs, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos ("Protected Information") are the property of Tam Finley Design Studio™, its contributors, and licensors and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You may not use our Protected Information without Tam Finley Design Studio's express written consent.
Your privacy is important to Us. Generally, any information collected on this site will not be sold or shared with third parties. Tam Finley Design Studio™ collects no personally identifying information (such as name and email address) through its website except when you specifically and knowingly provide the information (for example, when you sign up for our newsletter, ask to be contacted, or subscribe to services). Any information you provide is used solely for the stated purpose unless you agree in advance to additional use (for example, you may be asked if you would like to be added to an email list). You may request at any time to be removed from our lists.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site, www.tamfinley.com.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Tam Finley is the data controller and she is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Tam Finley as Tam Finley Design Studio™
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: PO Box 26441 Birmingham, AL 35260
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymous data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through blog comments on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Opt In Data that includes the name and email address you use to opt in to our email newsletter or sign up for a freebie. We process this data to send you weekly emails about freelancing and send you free resources and occasional promotions and special offers. Our lawful ground of processing is consent and legitimate interest which in this case are to provide our email subscribers with free value, market our products/services and grow our business.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties like analytics providers such as Google and Squarespace, advertising networks such as Facebook, such as search information providers like Google, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Payment processors that handle your payments for our goods or services.
- Newsletter service providers that allow us to send you marketing emails.
- Countdown timer tools who use your IP address to customise countdown timers in our marketing emails.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including personal information, to the United States and process it here.
Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the US, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- When using US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the US, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms which give personal data the same protection it has in the US.
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the US have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by;
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may gather anonymous personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the governing authorities. We would be really grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you!
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
12. CONTACT US